Salmonella Outbreak - Peanut Butter

The big health news of the week was the latest outbreak of Salmonella in peanut butter.

So will this news effect the peanut butter industry the way Taco Bell was effected by it's E. Coli outbreak? And do you plan on avoiding peanut butter the way that most people avoided bagged spinach? How long will be before we can all start enjoying peanut butter and jelly sandwiches without any worries?

I've been trying to eat only natural peanut butter lately because it's a lot more healthy than brand name peanut butter. You have to mix the peanut oil that rises to the top of the jar back in but other than that I'm quite fond of it.

With all these outbreaks in the news, do you think that they're occurring more frequently or do you think that they are just being reported more?

And how long before all these health scares are tied to some sort of terrorism? I can see it now, "Is Al Queda poisoning your peanut butter? Film at eleven."

Labels: , ,

posted by Anthony @ 8:32 AM,

9 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Blogger P~ said...

I found this blog after viewing your profile from your entry on my blog, I couldn't find a profile on your Compost Bin blog, so I never knew you had any others. At any rate, I'm almost 36, and trying to get into a healthier lifestyle myself. Oh the temptations though! Now, on the peanut butter topic, have you ever tried making your own? I used to have one of those hand held, high rpm multi-purpose mixers, and could make the P.B right in the can of peanuts. Really tasty!
P~

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Anthony said...

Yes, I have a few "hidden" blogs that I'm trying to build up some content first before I start marketing them.

But no I hadn't considered making my own peanut butter, what a great idea. Maybe I'll try to use my food processor to make it. Hmmm...

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger P~ said...

Let me ask you, since you seem to be quite the prolific blogster. How do you market your blogs? I love to write, and although right now, my wife is really my only consistent reader, I would like to be able to garner a little bitty corner of the blogoshpere for myself. I'm not quite sure though how to get my blog out there though. any suggestions.

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Anthony said...

Hey I read your blog too so you have two consistent readers. :)

Check out http://bloggst.com/
It's a great forum about blogging and you'll learn a lot.

Sorry but there's no quick answers that I could post here. It's a lot of work to carve out even a little bitty corner of the blogosphere but it is fun.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger P~ said...

You know I've noticed that you've been reading it. Thanks, I stand corrected. I'll check that out. I have tried technorati, but I try their "ping us" feature, and I swear they just put that damn button there to make you feel good! I have pinged them a thousand times if I've done it once, and the last pinged date shows the same no matter what. Stupid *&$#%@... Thanks for the hint.
P~

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Anthony said...

Technorati is great for getting traffic if you're in a popular niche like technology or entertainment.

Look into StumbleUpon and MyBlogLog and also get something like Statcounter to keep track of where your traffic is coming from. This way you can identify what works for you and better decide where to focus your efforts.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Rick Scheibner said...

I never stopped eating bagged spinach, and probably won't stop buying peanut butter. That said, it's always important to be careful with where your food comes from.

Great blog here...I've started my "feeling better by getting in shape" phase right around my 40th birthday. Better late than never, I guess.

Rick
http://www.fatbloggers.net

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Moby Dick said...

Who put the salmonella in my peanut butter?

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Anthony said...

Rick, thanks for visiting. Yes, better late than never is my motto too.

Spidey, Uhh... two great tastes that taste great together? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home